It is essential to know about the mental health treatment Idaho residents can turn to when in crisis. The right dual diagnosis treatment center in Idaho can make all the difference when addiction is present and there are underlying mental health needs. Zelus Recovery provides the support you need to get through a tough time and find your stability in a mental health center. Treatment that focuses on your specific needs can help you improve your life and get back to the activities you enjoy.
Treating Trauma is Complex
A trauma therapy program is developed specifically for those struggling with trauma and trying to overcome it. Mental health treatment residents turn to therapy programs in Idaho to take a look at the trauma and identifies ways to improve the reaction to the event. Directly confronting the trauma may not be beneficial, as this can lead to further emotional damage from reliving the event. A trauma-informed approach will:
- Realize – The possible paths to recovery and that trauma impacts overall health
- Recognize – The signs and symptoms of trauma in individuals, couples, and families to better treat it
- Respond – by fully integrating policies that recognize and realize the impact of trauma
- Resist Re-traumatization – Works to resist traumatizing the patient again
Trauma-informed care attempts to minimize the long-term impact of a traumatic event using a range of treatment modalities as part of an overall care plan for the individual.
Understanding PTSD and Treatment Options
PTSD, or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, is a response to a traumatic event. It can impact your ability to work or to function normally. While there are a number of symptoms, PTSD often results in flashbacks of the event, difficulty sleeping, panic attacks, nightmares, and sometimes cognitive problems. Treatment at a PTSD treatment center can include:
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing to reduce your response to the trauma
- Individualized therapy to work through the impact of the trauma
- Residential care to learn about PTSD and get the support you need to feel stable
- Group sessions to meet peers struggling with similar issues
Traumatic events can have a deep impact on your mental health. When you go to a mental health center for treatment, you will learn how important it is to get the treatment you need to heal. As you go through treatment, you will be able to work with a counselor to develop a treatment plan. Your treatment will be individual to your specific needs and give you the support you require to stabilize your mental health.
Mental Health Treatment Benefits
Trusting Mental Health Treatment in Idaho
Zelus Recovery includes treatment programs that help relieve the symptoms of PTSD, trauma, and other dual diagnosis conditions. The mental health treatment residents in Idaho trust provides the help you need at a time when you are feeling vulnerable. Mental health is often seen as something you can control if you are just strong enough. It takes strength to reach out for mental health treatment at a time when you feel hopeless or overwhelmed. Cognitive behavioral therapy in Idaho can:
- Help you stabilize your mental health in a safe, nurturing environment
- Allow you to gain sobriety while working on your mental health at the same time
- Develop new strategies to deal with stress
- Teach you about mental health and the need for better coping strategies
Mental health treatment is often a lifelong process. When you start with a strong base of care, you will have a foundation to build your life on. You will be taught to work with a therapist and look for ways to find support once you leave Zelus Recovery. Call 208.427.2873 today to learn more about your options.