Overcoming drug and alcohol addiction means embracing a variety of therapy types. Individual therapy is perhaps one of the most important. During individual therapy sessions, participants work with their therapists in private sessions covering a wide range of topics and working to restore health one step at a time. An individual therapy program is a foundation, one that gives you privacy and the opportunity to embrace a new version of yourself. At Virtues Behavioral Health, you’ll find a range of benefits from this program.
Why Should You Participate in an Individual Therapy Program?
Embracing treatment from all perspectives is beneficial. That means engaging in group therapy as well as family therapy. Individual therapy, though, offers a range of key benefits, making it an essential type of addiction treatment program for most people struggling with addiction. Some of those benefits include:
- It provides privacy. What you say in treatment is absolutely protected. You can open up about anything. Doing so lets you work through those hardships with a professional.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy happens in individual therapy. This type of therapy allows you to examine the negative or inaccurate thoughts you have so you can change them. Learning to control thoughts like this helps ensure your long-term recovery.
- You can confront past trauma with confidence. Many people with a past of trauma from abuse or neglect need access to therapy but cannot open up freely with others. Individual therapy makes that possible.
- You’ll discover the motivation to change. This is a very personal process. Without proper motivation and incentive to change, you may never really find your way forward. In individual therapy, your therapist works closely with you to better understand your specific motivations.
- You can tackle relationship problems openly. In this type of therapy, you can work on the complexities of relationships with your therapist. This includes things like why your relationships fail and how to leave problematic experiences.
- You’ll develop improved communication skills. Long-term recovery is sometimes dependent on a person’s ability to communicate their needs, emotions, and stresses. In therapy, you’ll learn how to do this and may even embrace a range of role-playing or other sessions to help you gain confidence.
- You can conquer emotions more fully. With the help of this type of therapy, it may be possible for you to open up more about your emotions. It may also enable you to heal from emotional trauma. Used properly, emotions can help you to live a more full life.
- Finally, you’ll develop coping strategies in a healthy way. At the core of any type of therapy is being able to cope with addiction and mental health disorders. Here, you’ll learn very specific strategies for doing that.
Explore What an Individual Therapy Program in California Can Do for You
When you enroll in an individual therapy program at Virtues Behavioral Health, you’ll gain insight into your future. You’ll learn about triggers, stress management, and life skills. You’ll also be able to embrace help for any other need you have during your care.
This is one of many types of addiction therapy programs we offer. Most people will spend some time embracing a range of these as they work to heal their mind, body, and spirit from the damage addiction creates. Other therapies include:
- Nutrition therapy programs
- Fitness therapy programs
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Yoga therapy program
Choose to Get Healthy at Virtues Behavioral Health
As you take into consideration the complexity of your health, realize that an individual therapy program may be exactly what you need to start the healing process. At Virtues Behavioral Health, we offer the resources you need to make that possible. Our comprehensive programs and dedicated staff offer a welcoming space for you to start healing. Learn more when you call 855.579.8599 or connect with us online.
Virtues Behavioral Health is a substance abuse treatment center in Los Angeles, California. We offer addiction and mental health treatment at our outpatient rehab center. Our substance abuse treatment programs help clients avoid relapse and rebuild their lives. Contact our Los Angeles addiction treatment center at 855.265.7710