The addiction recovery process is complex. It involves focusing on your mental and physical needs, creating a plan for recovery that’s focused on just your future. Addiction treatment programs take commitment. These are some of the reasons why gender-specific addiction treatment is so critical. It can help you to focus solely on your recovery. Virtues Behavioral Health offers this type of therapy to you for many reasons.
What Is Gender-Specific Addiction Treatment?
The goal of this type of treatment is to create a safe place for you to recover and to work through topics that are specific to your needs. During treatment, you’ll work with other men or women. This allows you to have a supportive, comfortable place to open up and express yourself.
Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Center
The investment in a men’s treatment program can create many benefits. In a men’s rehab program, the therapy provided is very specific to the needs men typically have. This type of program offers benefits such as:
- Less focus on male cultural roles and stereotypes that make you feel like therapy isn’t necessary or beneficial
- No risk of being judged or viewed as being weak for needing treatment
- A space that is comfortable where you feel accepted
- Therapy with other men who understand what you’re facing and feeling because they are as well
- Treatment that’s specific to the types of challenges in recovery men typically experience
In this type of substance abuse treatment program, men can feel more at ease about opening up about what’s impacted them. In some situations, that may mean discussing male sexual abuse or trauma. It may mean being able to safely express concerns about emotions with honesty and openness rather than feeling that you cannot do so.
Benefits of a Women’s Rehab Center
A women’s treatment program is designed to create a safe place for women to open up and express themselves. Just as men do, women need to feel as though they can be themselves and work through problems without feeling at risk. Some of the benefits of this type of program include:
- More communication with other women about topics important to them such as workplace dynamics, relationships, and motherhood
- A supportive space to discuss topics that may be sensitive to others or not seen as important to men, such as sexual assault or trauma
- Learning to manage life in recovery while balancing families and children
- Connecting with other women who can help you to open up without limitation
This type of treatment enables women to create solutions. Many women thrive when they are given treatment for the underlying mental health disorder or trauma they’ve experienced. They also do well when they can develop life skills to help them manage families in addiction recovery.
What to Expect in Our Gender-Specific Addiction Treatment Programs
At Virtues Behavioral Health, we’ll work closely with you to create a plan for healing. Each person is able to embrace a new way of looking at their life. You’ll also learn a wide range of strategies for coping with stress and other triggers
Some of the ways we can help men and women are through programs such as:
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Outpatient treatment program
- Aftercare treatment program
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Virtues Behavioral Health Is Ready to Help You
When you call our team at Virtues Behavioral Health to learn more about the services we offer, we’ll provide you with insights, support, and guidance right away. Our gender-specific addiction treatment programs offer the ideal environment for you to heal and overcome the struggles you’ve faced, giving you the resources to build a long, healthy life in recovery. Learn more about our services when you call 855.579.8599 or connect with us now online.
Virtues Behavioral Health is a substance abuse treatment center in Los Angeles, California. We offer addiction and mental health treatment at our outpatient rehab center. Our substance abuse treatment programs help clients avoid relapse and rebuild their lives. Contact our Los Angeles addiction treatment center at 855.265.7710